- 6 c spinach
- 8-9 oz? (3 c?) rotini pasta
- 1 bratwurst sausage
- ¼ c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/6 c olive oil
- ⅛ c pine nuts
- 1 ¼ tsp dried sweet basil
- ⅛ tsp? salt/pepper/garlic seasoning blend (16 turns of grinder)
- 1 tsp lemon zest (zest from 1 lemon)
- Olive oil cooking spray
Boil pasta in water until al dente. Drain.
Fry bratwurst in olive oil cooking spray until cooked through (split in half if unsure if cooked).
Chop spinach, pine nuts, olive oil in food processor. Add cheddar, seasoning blend, lemon zest, and sweet basil and process. Add bratwurst and process until chopped enough to be indistinguishable from rest of pesto mixture.
Add pesto mixture to drained pasta and toss until thoroughly combined.