Large cobb salad; 314 calories; 23 g fat; 16 g protein
- 3 tbsp white-wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp finely minced shallot
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 c mixed salad greens
- ½ lbs tofu (or shredded cooked chicken breast)
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium tomatos, diced
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 1 avacado, diced
- ½ c crumbled blue cheese
Whisk vinegar, shallot, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl to combine. Whisk in oil until combined. Place salad greens in a large bowl. Add half of the dressing and toss to coat.
Divide salad greens among 4 plates, arrange equal portions of chicken, egg, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado and blue cheese on top of the lettuce. Drizzle the salads with the remaining dressing.