- Filling: 4 pounds cooked, diced chicken (I use breast, but any parts are great)
- 4 carrots peeled and diced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 2 c of frozen green beans
- 10 tbsp butter
- 2 med. onion
- 4 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 2 c chicken broth
- 2 c milk or coconut milk
- ½ c Cognac or dry white wine (optional but very tasty if used)
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3 c Pamela's baking and pancake mix
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- 12 oz plain yogurt, coconut yogurt or whole milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat and add the onions. Cook until translucent. Add zucchini and carrots. Add the cornstarch or other thickener; cook, stirring constantly for about 2 minutes, and do not let the flour brown.
Add the broth and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Stir in the milk and Cognac. Cook over low heat until thick (about 3 minutes).
Stir in the salt, and pepper, and simmer for a minute. Add the chicken and vegetables, mix gently into the cream sauce, and remove from heat. Pour the chicken/vegetable filling into 2 deep 2-quart casserole dishes or one big lodge cast iron pot.
In a large bowl, mix together the baking mix, the oil and yogurt. Drop the dough on top of the chicken mixture in the baking pan. Place the dish on a baking sheet and bake on the middle rack until the crust is golden, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately. Makes 6 portions.