I top each cup/bowl with fresh green peppers, cilantro, chunks of cucumber or anything else that looks appetizing.
- * 2 1/2 pounds beefsteak tomatoes, roughly chopped
- * 2 small cloves garlic, peeled
- * 1/2 small sweet onion, roughly chopped
- * 2 red bell peppers, roughly chopped
- * 1 pound Kirby cucumbers, peeled and roughly chopped
- * 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- * kosher salt and pepper
- * 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- * 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- * 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Working in batches, place the tomatoes, garlic, onion, bell peppers, and cucumbers in a food processor and pulse until almost pureed.
Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the lemon juice, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper.
Ladle the soup into individual bowls and top with the goat cheese, and cilantro. Drizzle with the olive oil.