Tangy/Sweet marinade, good for tofu or mushroom caps
- 1 c balsamic vinegar
- 1 c tamari soy sauce
- 1 c water
- 2-3 springs fresh rosemary (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 2-3 springs fresh thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 2-3 springs of fresh marjoram or oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 32 oz. of firm tofu, cut into steaks or
- up to 12 portabella mushroom caps
Marinate tofu (or porotobello mushroom caps!) for 30 minutes to 24 hours.
Add just enough olive oil to coat bottom of skillet and heat skillet over medium heat until skillet is hot.
Add tofu steaks (or mushroom caps) and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side - until lightly browned.
Add additional marinated to pan and cover, cooking 5-7 minutes more if desired - I skipped this step and the tofu steaks were delish, this is more important for the mushroom caps because you want to make sure they're tender all the way through.