Edit history for Quick Thai Chicken & Vegetable Curry
Quick Thai Chicken & Vegetable Curry
We've got some blood pressure problems in the family, so we're taking dietary measures.
2 tsp canola oil
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1- to 2-inch-long julienne strips
1 medium onion, halved and sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
2-4 teaspoons red curry paste, to taste (see Ingredient note)
1 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 c reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 c “lite” coconut milk
1 tbsp fish sauce, or reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tsp light brown sugar
1 1/2 c cauliflower florets
2 c baby spinach
1 tbsp lime juice
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and onion; cook, stirring often, until beginning to soften, about 4 minutes.
1. Add garlic, ginger and curry paste; stir to mix.
1. Add chicken and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in broth, coconut milk, fish sauce (or soy sauce) and brown sugar; bring to a simmer.
1. Add cauliflower, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes.
1. Stir in spinach and lime juice; cook just until spinach has wilted. Serve immediately, with lime wedges.
Prep Time: 45
Tags: thai, healthy, bloodpressure
Tags: thai, healthy, bloodpressure, candidafriendly