Crisp cookies made with bacon and cheese;high in protein and good nutrition
- 2/3 c butter or margarine
- 2/3 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ c flour or 1/2 flour and 1/4 cup Shaklee instant protein
- ½ tsp soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ c oatmeal, old fashioned, uncooked
- 1 c (4 oz) shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ c wheat germ or finely chopped nuts
- 6 crisply cooked bacon slices, crumbled
Beat together butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until well blended. Add combined flour, soda and salt; mix well.
Stir in oats, cheese, wheat germ and bacon.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet; bake in preheated moderate oven (350 degrees F) 12-14 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
Cool one minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire cooling rack.
Store in loosely covered container in refrigerator or at room temperature.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.