- 1T. oil
- 2 med. onions (chopped)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3 c chicken broth (I use chicken broth from boiling a whole chicken and I add chicken bouillon to it.)
- 2T. cilantro (I use more cilantro than this recipe calls for)
- 2T. lime juice
- 1t. cumin
- 1/2t. oregano
- 1/4t. red pepper sauce
- 1/4t. salt
- 11 oz. can corn (I use frozen corn)
- 15 to 16 oz. can great northern beans
- 15 to 16 oz. can butter beans
- 2 c cooked and chopped chicken (I boil a whole chicken)
Heat oil in pot. over medium heat cook onion and garlic. Stir in remaining ingredients except chicken.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes uncovered. Stir in chicken; simmer until hot.
serve with: shredded cheese, tortilla chips, chopped green onions, diced tomatoes, chopped cilantro, avocado, sour cream and whatever else you think would be yummy with this meal.