Edit history for Chickpea Griddle Foccacia
Chickpea Griddle Foccacia
This is a manually-created (copy-pasted) fork of Griddle Foccacia with chickpea flour. Kneading didn't really work in the breadmaker.
3 ¼ c chickpea flour (besan)
2 tsp active dry yeast (probably doesn't do anything)
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
1 c water
2 tsp McCormick Garlic Powder with Parsley
For the topping:
Whole coriander seeds
Whole cumin seeds
1. MIx all ingredients in a bowl.
1. Spread peanut oil on the griddle with an unmeltable spatula.
1. Spread dough out onto the griddle. It won't want to spread. Do it anyway.
1. Cook one side. Top with seeds before you flip so the seeds stick. Then flip and cook other side. Watch it crumble and break as it cooks. Add olive oil wherever it's on the verge of burning. It didn't stick together, but that's alright, it tastes really good.
1. Scoop the pieces into a festive, oven-safe serving dish so it doesn't look too weird. Taste them and make sure they're cooked all the way through. No, they weren't cooked through. Put the dish into the 2-in-1 microwave convection oven and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Yes, it's alright to leave the turntable and plastic ring under the turntable in the oven even in convection oven mode. That's what the manual says. It must be some special plastic.
1. Retrieve from the oven. Enjoy!
Source(s): Audrey RoyGreenfeld
Prep Time: 1 hour
Tags: vegan, bread, vegetarian