Edit history for Crepes
McKenzie's adaptation of a recipe from the Maxim Crepe Maker book. We have a Maxim Electric Crepe Maker that looks just like the one in her photos.
1 c All-Purpose Flour
½ Cup Milk
½ Cup Water
¼ teaspoon Salt
2 tbsp Butter or Margarine---melted
For the batter:
1. Place ingredients in blender/bowl in order given.
1. Measure flour and liquid carefully, since consistency of batter is important. (It should be about the consistency of thick heavy cream.) Spoon flour into 1 cup measure and level off with straight edge of knife or spatula.
1. Blend 30 seconds, stop and scrape down sides. Blend 30-60 seconds until smooth. Or, mix in bowl with wire whisk or mixer, first combining flour and eggs, adding liquid.
1. Batter can be used immediately. However, an hour or two standing will produce slightly more tender crepes. Or, refrigerate batter up to three days for use as needed.
For the crepes:
1. Pour it into dipping pan.
1. Dip the crepe maker.
1. Pull it out and wait for it to cook (30 ish seconds) and shake it onto a plate. Done.
1. Then fill it with all the goodies.
Tags: dessert, vegetarian, savory, crepes