- 3 very ripe bananas
- ½ c honey (or agave nectar)
- 3 tbsp canola oil, plus a little more for oiling the loaf pan
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ c whole-wheat flour (or ww pastry flour)
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ c chopped walnuts or pecans
Heat the oven to 350Â°F. Lightly oil a loaf pan.
Mash the bananas and mix with the honey, canola oil and vanilla extract.
Stir together the whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda and salt. Add the nuts.
Blend the two mixtures and spoon into a lightly oiled loaf pan. Bake for 40 minutes, or until center is set.