- 4 garlic cloves, minced and then mashed
- 2 15-oz cans of garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 2/3 c of tahini (roasted, not raw)
- 1/3 c freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ c water
- ¼ c olive oil
- ½ tsp of salt
- Pine nuts (toasted) and parsley (chopped) for garnish
1 In a food processor, combine the mashed garlic, garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, ½ cup water, and olive oil. Process until smooth. Add salt, starting at a half a teaspoon, to taste.
2 Spoon into serving dish and sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and chopped parsley.
Serve with crackers, raw dip vegetables such as carrots or celery, or with pita bread. You can cut the pita bread into thin triangles, brush with olive oil and toast for 10 minutes in a 400°F oven to make pita chips with which to serve the hummus.