Serve with chili peanut and hoisin sauce on the side. Leftovers are delicious all tossed together for a quick and simple salad the following day.
- Chili Peanut Noodles
- 3 oz bean thread noodles
- ½ c peanut butter, unsweetened
- 3 tbsp brown rice syrup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 tbsp shoyu or tamari
- 1 ½ tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp chili sauce
- 1/3 c warm water
- Lettuce Wraps
- ½ c dehydrated coconut flakes
- ½ c cilantro, rinsed, dried and chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, minced
- ½ c toasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 4 limes, quartered
- Chili noodles
- 1 head butter lettuce, such as Boston, rinsed, dried and leaves separated
- Hoisin sauce, on the side
- Chili peanut sauce, on the side (leftover from above)
Ingredient note: While bean thread packages often come in 3.75 oz sizes, you won't use a whole package for this recipe.
Soften noodles in medium pot of hot water under tender, about 15 minutes. Bring noodles to a boil and cook 1 minute then drain and set aside. Using a food processor, mix together the peanut butter, brown rice syrup, garlic, shoyu or tamari, lime juice, chili sauce and the 1/3 C warm water until combined thoroughly. Dress the noodles with ½ C of the sauce.
Arrange all of the lettuce wrap fillings from coconut to noodles in individual serving dishes or on a large platter. Let guests create their own lettuce wraps by rolling up lettuce to eat like a taco or burrito. Serve with extra hoisin and peanut sauces for dressing.