Berry fresh, berry frestive, berry easy!
- 1 ½ c flour
- 1 c quick cooking oats
- ¼ c sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp orange peel
- ¼ c butter or margarine (vegan)
- ½ c skim milk (non-dairy)
- ¼ c non-fat plain yogurt (soy)
- ¼ c real egg substitute (mashed banana, Egg Replacer)
- ¾ c Ocean Spray Craisins Sweetened Dried Cranberries
- 2 tbsp brown sugar, optional
Preheat oven to 350Â°F. Combine first six ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Work (vegan) butter or margarine into dry ingredients until batter is the size of small peas, using a pastry blender or fork.
Combine (non-dairy) milk, (soy) yogurt, and egg substitute in a small mixing bowl. Add to dry ingredients, mixing thoroughly. Stir in sweetened dried cranberries.
Spread batter into a 9-inch circle on an ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle top of scones with brown sugar. Cut into 8 wedges. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove scones from oven and re-cut edges. Makes 8 scones.