Edit history for Mushroom Risotto
Forked from Rachel C's Mushroom Risotto.
risotto with mushrooms, onions, white wine
1 c. arborio rice
1 c. white wine (sherry), warmed
4 c. chicken broth, warmed
3 T. olive oil
2 T. butter
1 onion, diced
1 pkg mushrooms, sliced
1/2 c. freshly grated parmesan
1. Heat skillet, and add 1 T oil and 1 T butter. Add mushrooms and 1/4 of the onion, saute for 3 mins. Remove mushrooms and onions from the pan and set aside.
1. Add 2 T oil and remaining T of butter to pan. Add remaining onions, and saute for 2 mins. Add rice, saute for another 2-3 mins.
1. Add wine, and stir gently until most of wine is absorbed.
1. Add broth in 1 c. increments, stirring frequently, until each is absorbed. When you add the last c. add the mushrooms and onions previously cooked back in.
1. When last of broth is absorbed, check for doneness. Add more broth, or a little water if rices is not quite done.
1. When rice is done to taste, add the parmesan, and turn off the heat. Serve immediately, and refrigerate leftovers promptly.
Source(s): my own, based on recipe on arborio rice container.
Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 mins. prep,, 30 - 40 mins cook time.