- 1 can crushed tomatoes in tomato puree (28 oz.)
- 1 can chunky salsa (141/2 oz.)
- 1 can tomato paste (6 oz.)
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained (15 oz. each)
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained (151/4 oz.)
- 1 can diced green chilies (4 oz.)
- 1&1/2 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 5 corn tortillas
- 1 can sliced ripe olives, drained (21/2 oz.)
In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, salsa, tomato paste, beans, corn, green chilies, cumin, and garlic powder. Mix well.
Ladle about 1 cup of this mixture into the bottom of a 4-quart Crockery Pot; spread evenly.
Top with 11/2 tortillas, cutting to fit as necessary.
Spread on 1/3 of the remaining tomato mixture.
Repeat these layers 2 more times, ending with the rest of the tomato mixture; spread evenly over the top.
Sprinkle the sliced olives over all.
Cover and cook on low about 5 hours. Serve hot.