- * 1/2 cup butter
- * 1 cup white sugar
- * 1 egg
- * 1 egg yolk
- * 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- * 1 teaspoon baking powder
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt
- * 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- * 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- * 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, egg, and egg yolk until smooth. Stir in lime juice and lime zest. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; blend into the creamed mixture. Form dough into ½ inch balls, and arrange on the prepared cookie sheet.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Sift confectioners' sugar over cookies while still warm.