- * 1 3/4 pounds ground pork (not lean)
- * 1 small onion, grated and squeezed dry
- * 4 cloves garlic, finely grated
- * 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- * 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- * 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- * 1 tablespoon paprika
- * 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- * 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- * 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- * Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- * 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Mix the pork, onion, garlic, sage, thyme, syrup, paprika, allspice, coriander, cayenne, 2 ½ teaspoons salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper with your hands. Form into 18 patties, 2 inches wide and ½ inch thick; put on a foil-lined baking sheet, cover and chill overnight.
The next day, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook half of the patties, turning once, until golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet. Wipe out the skillet. Repeat with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and patties, then transfer the patties to the oven to finish cooking, 5 to 10 minutes.