- 4 large whole-wheat tortillas
- 2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Granny Smith apple, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 ¼ c cooked and sliced chicken or veggie chicken
- ¾ c Peanut Sauce, recipe follows
- sour cream, for garnish
- 1 c peanut butter
- ¾ c hot water
- ⅛ c molasses
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Preheat grill or grill pan.
Place tortillas on a cutting board. On half of each tortilla place the cheese, apple, onion, and chicken. Fold the top half of the tortilla over and place on the grill.
Grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until the cheese has melted and the filling is warm.
Cut each quesadilla into 4 triangles.
Garnish with Peanut Sauce and sour cream.