Top the dish with a spoonful of thick, tangy Greek-style yogurt to counter the heat.
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 c chopped red bell pepper
- ½ c chopped onion
- 1 ½ tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Madras curry powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp salt, divided
- 2 c organic vegetable broth
- 1/3 c water
- 1/3 c coconut milk
- ¼ c diced tomato
- ¼ c frozen green peas
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 c hot cooked basmati rice
- ¼ c plain fat-free yogurt
Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and onion to pan; sauté 2 minutes.
Add flour, ginger, and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Add curry powder, garam masala, and ¼ tsp salt; cook 30 seconds, stirring.
Stir in broth and 1/3 C water; bring to a boil.
Stir in coconut milk and tomato; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
Add peas, shrimp, and remaining salt; cook 5 minutes or until shrimp are done.
Spoon about 2/3 C rice into each of 6 bowls. Top each serving with about 1 C of shrimp mixture and 2 tsp yogurt.