- 1 c soaked raw almonds (soaked 4-8 hours)
- 4 c filtered water
- pinch of sun-dried sea salt
- 1 tbsp non-alcohol vanilla extract
- 1/2 vanilla bean (optional)
- 3 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup (or 3 soft dates, pitted)
In a blender, at medium, then high speed, blend soaked almonds, water, and sea salt until smooth. Pour through a strainer (or use a nut bag) to separate pulp. Pour liquid back in the the blender and blend in vanilla extract and bean (if using) and sweetener until smooth.
(I use the leftover almond "pulp" in muffins, breads, waffles, over a salad, mix it with goat cheese on top of crackers...I'm sure there are a ton of other things one could do with it. Be creative!)