Edit history for Baked Pasta and Chicken Casserole
Baked Pasta and Chicken Casserole
This is something I made up on the fly one day when N was sick, and I needed something I could shove in the oven and forget about it.
1 lb uncooked pasta
3 c mozzarella cheese
1 small package ricotta cheese (optional, but it taste better with it)
2 c water
1 lb chicken breast (cut up)
onion powder, to taste
garlic powder, to taste
basil, to taste
Italian seasoning, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 deg F
1. Put in chicken
1. Put water and sauce in pan. Adjust water/sauce as needed to maintain a thin sauce (it will thicken as it cooks. )
1. Add herbs/seasonings and 2 cups mozzarella
1. Add pasta
1. Add in the ricotta cheese in small pieces.
1. Carefully mix so that the pasta has water/sauce over it.
1. Cover with aluminum foil.
1. Bake for 60 min. Until pasta is almost soft and the chicken in cooked.
1. Take out of oven. Take cover off. Add remaining mozzarella cheese.
1. Bake for 15 additional minutes.
Source(s): Heather Croydon