I haven't tried this yet, but it looks awesome. It can be used to make any "Cream of" soup like "cream of tomato"....
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 med onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 c chopped leeks (white part only)
- 1 ½ lbs cleaned and trimmed vegetables such as asparagus, carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, etc (larger veggies should be coarsely chopped)
- ½ tsp sugar
- 3 c chicken stock or broth (may need up to 4 cups)
- 1 tbsp minced fresh herb(s) such as basil, tarragon, thyme, etc
- ¾ c heavy cream (or you can use 3/4 cup cooked and pureed rice or potato for the heavy cream)
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- ¼ c minced flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
Heat butter and olive oil in a large pot. Add the onion and leeks and cook covered, over low heat for 15 min. Do not let them brown.
Add the vegetables, sugar, and 3 cups chicken stock. Bring to a simmer, and cook until the vegetables are just tender.
Add the fresh herbs and cook for 5 minutes.
Transfer the sound in batches to a food processor and puree.
Return the sound to the cooking pot, stir in the cream, and reheat almost to the boiling point. (If soup is to thick, add more stock.)
Add salt and pper to taste. Garnish with parsley.