- 1 c. cornbread crumbs
- 8 flour tortillas, cut in small strips
- 8 corn tortillas, cut in small strips & crisply fried
- 1/3 c. poblano pepper, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 2 canned chipotle chilies, minced
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbs. chili powder
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 c. chicken broth, chilled
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Salt to taste
In large bowl, combine all ingredients, except salt & let sit for 1 hr. to absorb all liquid & blend flavors, tossing occasionally.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Add salt. Form into small balls & place on greased baking sheet. Bake 20 min. or until inside is cooked & the outside is golden brown.