Edit history for Bee Sugar Syrup
Bee Sugar Syrup
This really is for feeding bees, but it smells delicious!
8 c white sugar (do not substitute)
3 c almost boiling water
1 c chamomile tea
1/2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
A healthy pinch of sea salt
2 Tbs of your own honey
3-4 drops lemongrass essential oil
1. Mix sugar and water until completely dissolved.
2. Mix in remaining ingredients leaving out the honey andlemongrass EO.
3. Mix in honey and lemongrass EO when cooled to room temperature.
4. I have heard mint can also be beneficial to bees to keep trachea mites and hive beetle in check. I might try adding mint either into the tea or as an EO.
5. Bulk measurement for 2:1 sugar
6. 25 lb bag of sugar
7. 25cups water = 12.5lbs water
8. 5 tea bags each of mint and chamomile