- 2 lbs ground Italian sausage(use one spicy and one regular sausage)
- 4 cans chicken or beef broth
- 2 c water
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 6 potatoes,cubed
- 6 cloves garlic
- Salt & pepper
- 1 package bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- 2 c whipping cream
- 1 bag spinach or use kale
- Parmesan cheese
Crumble sausage and combine in slow cooker with broth, water, onion potatoes, and garlic. If you don't want so much grease cook the sausage with the onions first and drain. Season with salt and pepper. Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours until potatoes are tender and sausage is cooked through.
Just before serving, stir in bacon, cream and spinach leaves. Top with Parmesan cheese.
(Fills the crock pot so half the recipe if you don't want this much)