Asian Fusion Meatballs (usually served as an appetizer) are partnered with mung bean thread noodles, sugar snap peas, carrots, and red bell pepper in a zesty sauce.
- Asian Fusion Meatballs
- Recipe: http://forkinit.com/johnjmonaghaniii/recipes/asian-fusion-meatball-hors-duvres/
- Stir Fry
- oil (high temp)
- 1 large Carrot (julienned)
- 1 large Red Bell Pepper (julienned)
- 1C Sugar Snap Peas
- Mung Bean Noodles (Soaked in hot water to hydrate, then drained)
- 1C Chicken Broth
- 4Tbs Soy Sauce (I use Gluten free Tamari)
- 2Tbs Orange Mustard
- 1/4tsp Red Pepper flakes
- 1Tbs Fresh Ginger (grated)
- 1Tbs Sweet Chili Sauce
Better Instructions soon.
Make meatballs according to recipe, but instead of cooking in a pan, just put them on a lightly greased baking sheet and put them in the oven at 425 until browned and cooked through (about 30min)
Add all sauce ingredients to a small pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, whisk in cornstarch/water mixture and simmer until thickened (about 15min)
Heat oil on high in wok or frying pan
add vegetables and keep them moving for a few minutes (the goal is to leave them with some bite to them. They should be crisp)
Remove from heat and add noodles to pan.
Toss with vegetables for 30 seconds.
Toss and transfer to a plate to cool.
Serve noodle mixture with meatballs on side/top.