Edit history for Coconut Curry Quinoa with Chicken
Coconut Curry Quinoa with Chicken
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp dried thyme
3/4 tsp salt, divided
1 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into 1-inch strips
2 tbsp olive oil, divided
1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 c uncooked quinoa
1 c chicken broth
1 c low-fat coconut milk
1 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp ground ginger
Red chili pepper flakes, to garnish
1. Combine turmeric, thyme and 1/4 teaspoon salt in shallow dish. Dip chicken strips into spice mixture, coating all sides; set aside.
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy, large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and onion. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; set aside.
1. Add remaining tablespoon oil to skillet. Add chicken pieces. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until lightly browned and no longer pink. Remove from skillet; set aside with veggies.
1. Rinse quinoa in small strainer under cold running water; drain well.
1. Combine quinoa, chicken broth, coconut milk, curry, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and ginger in heavy, large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
1. Stir chicken and veggie mixture into saucepan; cook 5 minutes or until liquid is nearly all absorbed. Garnish with red chili pepper.
Prep Time: 30 minutes