Spicy sausage rolled with onion, and mushrooms and stuffed into phyllo cups.
- 1 lb. Italian ground sausage (mild, medium or hot. I use Scimeca's brand)
- ½ c minced yellow onion
- ½ c minced mushroom caps and stems (portobello, porcini, whitecap)
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 3 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- 2 packages Mini Phyllo Shells
Saute sausage until browned.
Add onion, mushrooms, red pepper flakes, and dried thyme to sausage and continue to saute until mushrooms and onion are soft.
Turn off heat and add cream cheese and chopped parsley.
Mix together and chill.
Form 1" balls and fill mini Phyllo shells.
On baking sheet, bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes.