WE DID NOT LIKE THIS RECIPE
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 large green pepper, chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) whole tomatoes, broken apart, with juices
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- ¼ c dry white wine
- ¼ c balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 firm, white-fleshed fish fillets, about 6-ounces each
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add the onions and peppers; sauté until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
Add the garlic and sauté another minute.
Add the tomatoes, oregano, fennel seeds, wine, vinegar, salt and pepper. Simmer until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes.
Lay the fish on top of the sauce. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Spoon some of the tomatoes on top. Cover partially and let cook until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes, depending on thickness.
Serve immediately, topping the fish with some of the sauce and a sprinkle of fresh parsley.