Our sloppy joe recipe, better suited for all the sloppy jon's out there.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 jalapeno chopped (or substitute your favorite hot sauce)
- 3 cloves of garlic minced or pressed
- 15 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar, or more to taste
- Worcestershire to taste
- A1 to taste
- Plain mustard to taste
- Ketchup to taste
- Red wine vinegar to taste
- Buns or rolls
Brown the meat really well in a largish pan over medium heat, then drain.
After draining the meat, before you put it back in the pan, add the EVOO to the pan and saute the onions and peppers for a few minutes, then the garlic for a minute. Salt and pepper to taste.
Put the meat back in the pan and then add the tomato sauce and simmer.
Start adding the sauces, just the ones that sound good to you, start with a tablespoon of the ones you really like, less of the others, mix, simmer, taste. Rinse and repeat until it tastes the way you want it.
Simmer down to the right consistency.
Serve on your favorite bun or roll.