- 1 c sifted cake flour
- 1 c white sugar
- 6 eggs ½ tsp cream of tarter
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Mix ¼ cup sugar and flour together
- Separate eggs, whites into large bowl and yolks into a small bowl. Add cream of tarter and salt to whites.
- Beat until stiff, add 1/3 cup sugar and beat
- Set aside
- Add lemon juice and water to yolks and beat until thick.
- Add rest and sugar and beat until thicker.
- Combine whites and yolks by folding
- Fold in flour ¼ cup at a time
Make 1 ½ recipes
Bake at 350⁰ for 30-40 minutes