Delicious crock pot stew, not limited to venison
- 1-2 lbs. cubed venison stew meat (can substitute pulled pork, chicken or beef)
- 1 10 oz. package baby Bella mushrooms, diced
- 1 lb. package organic carrots, peeled and diced or thinly sliced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 28oz. can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 c broth or stock, organic if possible
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Savory Spice Blend (recipe listed last)
- 1 tbsp. dried basil
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. French thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Savory Spice Blend
- 1 tsp. sage
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- ½ tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Mix all ingredients well. Store and use when needed.
Place all the vegetables in a 5-6 quart crock pot.
Put protein/meat over the vegetables. Pour tomatoes, broth, olive oil and vinegar over the top.
Put in the garlic and the other spices, including the Savory Spice Blend.
Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
Turn the crock pot on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours, stirring every hour or so if possible. It will be done when carrots are soft.
Remove bay leaves before serving.
Serve alone or with cubed avocado on top.