Easy and quite yummy without using store bought BBQ sauce
- 1 large Vidalia onion, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (4-6 lb) boneless pork butt or shoulder
- ¾ cup cider vinegar
- 5 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoons dry mustard (or generous squirt of yellow mustard)
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Rinse pork roast under cold water.
Place onions in crock-pot. Place the pork roast on top of the onions and evenly sprinkle all other ingredients over the roast.
Cover crockpot; cook on low for 10-12 hours.
Chop or shred meat and onions. If still very liquidy, cook uncovered for 20-50 minutes. For more flavor, serve with your favorite barbeque sauce.