Ratatouille with a great twist!
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced or chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced or minced
- 1 small bay leaf (optional)
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into thin slivers
- 4 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ c shredded fresh basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the Tart:
- 8 oz soft goat cheese
- 1 9-inch pie crust
- 1/3 c Parmesan cheese
Over medium-low heat, add the oil to a large skillet with the onion, garlic and bay leaf, stirring occasionally, until the onion has softened.
Add eggplant and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 mnutes or until the eggplant has softened.
Stir in the zucchini, red bell pepper, tomatoes, and salt, and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Stir in basil and a few grinds of pepper to taste.
Spread 8 ounces of soft goat cheese in a partially baked 9-inch ready-to-use pie crust.
Top with the vegetables, sprinkle with 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the Parmesan is golden and the tart is heated through.