196 calories; 14 g fat; 15 g carbohydrate; 4 g protein
- 3 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp apple juice or cider
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Roasted Apples & Salad
- 2 apples, preferably Fuji, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 tsp plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 springs fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- ¼ c chopped walnuts
- 3 c baby spinach or torn spinach leaves
- 3 c torn Boston lettuce
- 3 c torn curly endive
- 2/3 c grated sharp Cheddar Cheese
Preheat oven to 400 F
Whisk vinegar, apple juice, oil, honey, mustard, salt & pepper in a small bowl.
Toss apples with 2 teaspoons oil and thyme in a medium bowl; spread evenly on a baking sheet. Roast, turning once or twice, until the apples are soft and golden, 25-30 minutes. Discard fresh thyme, if using. Let cool.
While apples are roasting, toast walnuts in a small baking pan until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
Combine spinach, lettuce and endive in a large bowl; toss gently to mix. Divide the greens among 6 plates, drizzle with the dressing and top with cheese, the roasted apples and the toasted walnuts.