A delectable combo for a warm treat any time of year.
- ½ c Maranatha Creamy Almond Butter
- 1/3 c raisins
- 1 c apple juice
- 1 ½ tsp pure natural vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 4 lg baking apples (McIntosh, Fuji or Yellow Delicious)
- 1 c nonfat plain yogurt (soy)
- 1 tbsp honey (or agave nectar)
Preheat oven to 375Â°F.
Combine Maranatha Creamy Almond Butter, raisins, 3 T apple juice, vanilla and spices.
Core apples, avoid breaking through bottom of apple.
Fill each apple with almond butter filling.
Arrange apples in a shallow baking dish.
Pour remaining apple juice into pan.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Mix (soy) yogurt and honey (or agave nectar) to make a sauce and serve over warm apples or use as a dipping sauce.