A fabulous treat that tastes like dessert, but still has some healthy nutrients.
- 1 recipe homemade whole wheat pizza dough
- 1 8-oz tub vegan cream cheese, softened*
- 1-2 large apples, washed, peeled and cut into thin slices
- ½ c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ c firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 tbsp (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, slightly softened and cut into 1/2" pieces
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Roll out pizza dough onto pizza stone.
Spread vegan cream cheese evenly over dough getting it very close to the edge.
Spiral the apple slices around the whole pizza, either slightly layering them or laying them side by side, until the entire pizza is covered.
Sprinkle streusel topping evenly over the apples.
Bake 12-15 minutes, until streusel starts melting. Enjoy!
*If you don't like vegan cream cheese, this has also worked very well with all-natural apple pie filling as the base. Follow the recipe as is simply substituting the pie filling for the vegan cream cheese.