A great to-go recipe for busy mornings!
- 5 c (400g) rolled oats
- 2 ½ c (600g) over-ripe mashed banana, measured after mashing
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 NuNaturals stevia packets (or omit and use 5 tbsp liquid sweetener of choice–such as pure maple syrup or agave–instead)
- 2/3 c mini chocolate chips (optional)
- 2 2/3 c water (640g) (If using the liquid-sweetener option, scale water back by 1/3 cup)
- ¼ c + 1 tbsp oil (45g) (I really like coconut, but veg oil will also work.)
- 2 ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Optional add-ins: cinnamon, shredded coconut, chopped walnuts, ground flax or wheat germ, raisins or other dried fruit, etc.
Preheat oven to 380°F, and line 24-25 cupcake tins. In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir very well. In a separate bowl, combine and stir all wet ingredients (including banana). Mix wet into dry, then pour into the cupcake liners and bake 21 minutes. I also like to then broil for 1-2 minutes, but it’s optional. (If you let them cool overnight, they’ll no longer stick to the liners.) These oatmeal cakes can be eaten right away, or they can be frozen and reheated for an instant breakfast on a busy day.