A delicious, spicy pumpkin pie made without eggs or tofu.
- Note: Make this the day before serving so it has a chance to set up well!
- 2 c solid-pack canned pumpkin (if you use home-cooked pumpkin, drain it for several hours hanging in a cloth bag, so it's thick like canned pumpkin)
- 1 c non-dairy milk (preferably a rich soymilk)
- ¾ c brown sugar or Sucanat
- ¼ c cornstarch
- 1 tbsp molasses or blackstrap molasses
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp EACH ground ginger, nutmeg and salt
- ¼ tsp ground allspice or cloves
- 1 9" unbaked pastry crust
Preheat oven to 350Ã‚Â°F.
In a blender, blend together all ingredients except pastry crust.
Pour the filling into the pastry crust and bake 60 minutes, covering the edges with foil if they begin to brown too quickly.
Cool on a rack, then refrigerate overnight before serving.