The best carrot cake in the world! My mom always made it for my dad for his birthday. So delicious!
- 2 c sugar
- 1 ½ c oil
- Egg replacer equal to 3 eggs
- 2 c carrots, grated
- #1 can crushed pineapple, drained (reserve juice)
- ½ c nuts, grated or chopped
- 1 orange rind, grated
- ½ c each raisins and unsalted sunflower seeds, optional (I prefer just raisins)
- 2 ½ c flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 ½ c powdered sugar
- 3 oz vegan cream cheese
- 1/3 c vegan butter
- ~1 T reserved pineapple juice
- ½ tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Beat together sugar, oil and egg replacer eggs.
Add carrots, crushed pineapple, nuts, orange rind, raisins and sunflower seeds (if using).
Sift flour, baking soda and salt together and add to wet mixture.
Bake 45 minutes in 13x9" pan.
Combine ingredients and blend together with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer.