Edit history for Jalapeño Poppers
15 jalapeno peppers (plump)
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature (can use vegan)
1/2 c cheddar cheese, shredded (can use vegan)
1 c milk (can use vegan)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 dash salt
1 c plain, dry breadcrumbs
1. Wearing gloves, slice jalapeño peppers in half lengthwise; remove seeds. Combine the cream cheese and cheddar, mixing until well blended. Fill the jalapeño pepper halves with cream cheese mixture and press halves back together.
1. Put milk in a shallow bowl.
1. Combine the salt and flour in a shallow bowl.
1. Put bread crumbs in a shallow bowl.
1. Dip the peppers in the milk, then in the flour, coating thoroughly. Set them on a sheet of foil or waxed paper to dry for about 15 minutes.
1. Dip the peppers in the milk again, then in the bread crumbs. Let them dry again for 10 to 15 minutes. If necessary, dip again lightly in the milk and again in the bread crumbs and let dry again.
1. Meanwhile, heat oil in deep fryer to 370°F.
1. Deep fry the breaded jalapeño peppers in batches for about 3 minutes, or until they're golden brown.
1. Transfer jalapeño poppers to paper towels to drain.
Tags: vegan, snack, holiday, vegetables