Edit history for Lentil Millet Burgers
Lentil Millet Burgers
1 c dry millet, cooked in 3 C water until fluffy
3 c cooked lentils, drained
2 carrots, finely grated
1 tsp fenugreek
1 1/2 dried chilies
1 1/2 tsp cumin
2 tsp tomato paste
1/4 c ground flax seed
1. Put the lentils in a bowl. Grind the three spices in a coffee grinder and add into the lentils with the tomato paste and carrots. Add sea salt to taste. Mash it all up.
2. Add the cooked millet and flax seeds to the mixture, and run it through a food processor until smooth.
3. Form into patties and press slivered almonds into one or both sides.
4. Heat up both sides in a pan with a few drops of oil so they don't stick. Cook 3-5 minutes on each side.
5. They won't be firm but they will be yummy. Enjoy with your favorite condiments or bread, but we had these plain.
Tags: vegan, veggie burgers, sandwich