Great for using up the garden vegetable harvest.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1/2 lb carrots, peeled and chopped into coins (4-5 carrots)
- 2 small zucchini, halved and sliced about 1/4" thick
- 1 lg (28 oz) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/4 head of cabbage, shredded (3-4 C)
- ½ tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 ½ tsp California Basil
- ½ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Whole Turkish Bay Leaves
- 1 ½ tsp Parsley Flakes
- 3 tsp Vegetable Soup Base
- 10 c water
- 2 15-oz cans white canellini beans, rinsed (if you can't find these, canned light kidney beans will work)
- 1 c dry, small pasta
- Shredded vegan cheese for topping each bowl, if desired
In a soup pot, cook the onion in the olive oil over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
Add the carrots and zucchini and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, cabbage, Garlic, Basil, Pepper, Bay Leaves, and Parsley and stir to combine.
Add the vegetable base and water.
Simmer for 30 minutes over low heat, then raise to high to bring to a boil.
Add the dry pasta and white beans.
Cook until the pasta is done, about 10-12 minutes.
Serve, or reduce heat to low and simmer until ready to eat. Serve each bowl topped with shredded vegan cheese.