- Whole Wheat Crust:
- 1 c warm water
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 c stoneground whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 to 2 C all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- Thai Peanut Sauce (see recipe under "Sauces/Spreads")
- 1 ½ c broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 1 pkg seitan, cut into small pieces
- 1 pkg bean sprouts
- ½ c cubed vegan cheddar cheese (optional)
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to garnish
Combine warm water and yeast in mixer bowl. Let sit until yeast dissolves, about 5 minutes.
Add oil, flours and salt.
Knead in electric mixer until smooth and elastic, adding more flour or water as necessary.
Sprinkle cornmeal on a pizza stone (or pizza pan). Shape dough into a ball, set on pizza stone and cover with plastic wrap that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Let rise for one hour or until doubled in size.
Preheat oven to 450Ã‚Â°F.
Remove plastic wrap from dough and press dough into a 12-14" circle on pizza stone.
Spread Thai Peanut Sauce to a ½" from the edge of the dough.
Top with broccoli, seitan, bean sprouts and cubed vegan cheddar, if using.
Bake 15 minutes or until crust is lightly golden.
Garnish with crushed red chili flakes, if desired.