- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lbs seitan, diced or chopped
- 2 tbsp sweet paprika
- 12 oz eggless pasta noodles
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 8 oz mushrooms, quartered (optional)
- 1 lg red bell pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
For the sauce:
- 1 ½ c vegan sour cream
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- ¾ c cold water*
- 2-3 cubes vegetable bouillon*
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp flour
Cook noodles according to package directions and then drain.
While water is beginning to boil and noodles are cooking, add oil and diced onion to a warm skillet and cook for a few minutes so the onion begins to soften. Then add seitan and garlic and cook over medium high heat until the seitan is warmed through and the onion is soft. Add paprika. Mix well. Keep on low heat while you mix the sauce.
In a separate bowl whisk together all sauce ingredients until well combined. Pour sauce over seitan mixture and cook over medium heat until warmed through, bubbling and slightly thickened. Mix in noodles and parsley and serve.
*NOTE: You could easily substitute vegetable broth or stock and a bit of salt.