This cake is gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free and vegan!
- 4 tsp vegan egg replacer powder
- ¼ c pineapple juice
- ¼ c silken tofu
- 2/3 c oil
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ c drained crushed pineapple
- 1 ¼ c caster sugar (superfine granulated sugar)
- 1 1/3 c brown rice flour (or white rice flour)
- 2/3 c potato starch
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 4 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese (1 tub Toffuti)
- ¼ c icing sugar (confectioners or powdered sugar)
- ½ c soy milk powder
- 1 small mango, thinly sliced (or tinned mango or paw paw or pineapple, sliced thinly)
- Glace pineapple, to decorate (optional, or mango slices or banana slices soaked in lemon juice)
Heat oven to 350Â°F (180Â°C).
Grease and line two 9" (23 cm) round cake pans and dust the sides with rice flour.
Whisk egg replacer powder and pineapple juice together until fluffy.
Add silken tofu and whisk until smooth.
Add oil and whisk again. Set aside.
Mix together mashed bananas, crushed pineapple and caster sugar.
Sift together brown rice flour (or white rice flour), potato starch, xanthan gum, baking powder and cinnamon.
Add to banana, pineapple and sugar and mix together.
Add egg replacer, juice and oil mixture. Mix well.
Pour evenly into two prepared pans. Bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Leave in to cool in tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Icing : Beat together cream cheese, soy milk powder and icing sugar until light and fluffly. Spread 1/3 of icing on first cake. Arrange the mango slices (or paw paw or pineapple) over the icing. Place 2nd cake on top. Ice the top with remaining icing. Decorate with pieces of glace pineapple (or mango slices and/or banana slices), if desired.