- 2 c non-dairy milk
- 1 banana or mango or peach
- 1 peach or pear or mango
- 1/4 C dates or raisins, or use your own healthy sweetener to taste
- ¼ c of pumpkin seeds
- ¼ c of almonds or 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds or other seeds
To make into a green smoothie add:
- 1 c spinach, tightly packed or 2 C loosely packed (or any other mild greens)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract or half a vanilla pod like this (adds amazing taste and contains no nasties – but only suitable for high speed blenders)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
Blend the dry ingredients and liquid first for a short time.
Blend the greens next for a short time (if using).
Blend the fruit and the rest of the ingredients until smooth (or as smooth as your blender will allow. High speed blenders may need 2 minutes for a Green Thickie, less powerful blenders may need a lot more, sometimes 5-10 minutes)
Blending this way allows the dry ingredients to be blended for longest, it means the greens will fit in your blender and your fruit gets less blending so it doesn’t become too hot.
Add more water if required to thin it out.
Substitute any of the ingredients for whatever you already have.
If your smoothie is too warm, you can cool it down in the fridge or freeze some of your ingredients before blending. You can also replace half of the liquids with ice. Add the ice at the end. It is better to add frozen ingredients at the end to cool the smoothie down.