- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- Egg Replacer equal to 2 eggs
- 1 c canned pumpkin purée (8 ounces), not pie filling
- ½ c granulated sugar
- ½ c light brown sugar, lightly packed
- ½ c vegetable oil
- ½ c coarsely chopped vegan toffee candy, for sprinkling
- 6 oz vegan cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tbsp vegan butter, at room temperature
- ¼ tsp Boyajian Natural Maple Flavor
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 c sifted confectioners' sugar
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Brush or spray the top of 10 muffin tins with vegetable oil and line them with 10 paper liners.
Into a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. In a larger bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin purée, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vegetable oil. Add the flour mixture and stir until combined.
Divide the batter among the prepared tins (I use a level 2 ¼-inch ice cream scoop) and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Set aside to cool completely.
Spread the cupcakes with the Maple Frosting and sprinkle with the chopped toffee bits.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese and butter on low speed until smooth. Stir in the maple flavoring and vanilla extract. With the mixer still on low, slowly add the confectioners' sugar and mix until smooth.