- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 c chopped onion, about 2 mediums onions)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¾ c quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 ½ c low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 c frozen corn kernels, unthawed
- 2 (15-oz) cans low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ c chopped fresh cilantro
Heat oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender and golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Add quinoa, cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper, and stir until combined. Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, covered, until quinoa is tender and most of broth is absorbed, about 17 minutes.
Stir in corn and beans and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in cilantro.